This position provides assistance to Care Coordination and support functions to adhere to PHP’s Model of Care and CMS’s and NYSDOH’s contractual managed care agreements. Responsible for providing administrative support for Care Coordination activities and functions and to assist Care Coordination teams in the coordination and implementation of various supports/services for member’s person-centered service plans (Life Plans).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Care Coordination Teams to coordinate supports/services for members and their Life Plans.
- Report to the Director of Care Coordination and provide clerical and office support functions, including, but not limited to, generating reports and departmental correspondence, answering the phone and greeting guests.
- Contacting members on a regular basis, or as necessary to assist in the coordination/integration of all supports and services, including but not limited to, transportation, acquiring medication, safety plans, attending meetings and provider appointments, etc.
- Assist in report production, data collection and data entry for Care Coordination Management.
- Provide feedback and information to the Care Coordination Teams as needed.
- Practice and promote PHP’s mission and values.
- Utilize a person-centered approach and support members to be as self-directed as possible.
- Flexibility with work schedule is required. Some after-hours may be required as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Some college or technical training with a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience required with prior experience in working in an IDD (Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities) environment preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both the written and spoken form, along with excellent interpersonal, and organizational skills also required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel also required, with PowerPoint and any health-care related computer applications a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow-up skills also required.
Requirements of All Positions:
- All employees shall meet PHP’s Compliance and Privacy Regulations, and attend at a minimum of one (1) hour of Compliance and Privacy educational training annually;
- All employees shall master PHP’s Model of Care and complete all training requirements within the first thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter, or as required by state and federal regulations;
- All employees are required to maintain confidentiality, protect privacy, comply with Protected Health Information regulations, and report violations;
- Perform functions as they relate to “Improving Health Care Quality” as defined in the National Association of Insurance Commissioners Supplemental Health Care Exhibit that:
1. Improve health outcomes;
2. Prevent hospital readmission;
3. Improve patient safety and reduce medical errors, and
4. Provide wellness and health promotion activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel utilize objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer